Taiwanese Student Association’s Vice President Calls Chinese People ‘Dogs’

The former vice president of the Melbourne University Taiwanese Student’s Association, Jacky was caught making abusive comments towards Chinese people.

墨尔本大学台湾同学会的 副总统 Jacky 上线骂中国人。

Jacky called people from the Chinese mainland ‘dogs’, whilst laughing at the frustrations of other Chinese people.

People were able to connect Jacky to his LoL account, as he used to call himself Piggy in his earlier days. Jacky was honest enough to admit to his wrongdoings immediately but has tried to defend his actions as an emotional reaction.

网民用Jacky以前小猪外号 来搜到他的Facebook。 Jacky很快就承认线上的‘JackyPig’确实是他。但是说是一时冲动的爆发。

jackywang9

The Melbourne University Taiwanese Student’s Association had around 70% of their funding coming from Mainland students, according to Jacky’s own estimates. An important question that he couldn’t answer was whether he harboured ill intentions while leading the club.

墨尔本大学台湾同学会 大概70%的收入 是来自中国学生。

jacky8

Jacky, refuses to publicly apologise but says he hopes to improve his behaviour in the future.

Jacky 虽然不想公开道歉,他希望以不会再发生这种事件。

jackywang7

In my honest opinion, I feel that Chinese and Taiwanese people should be working together as brothers, not insulting each other, but sadly there’s just too much politics in between them now.

Advertisements

23 thoughts on “Taiwanese Student Association’s Vice President Calls Chinese People ‘Dogs’

1. Michael Post author

Looking at your forum, it’s filled with some weird racist white supremacy conspiracy stuff. I don’t know what to say. Maybe you should go back to being anti-Semitic.

1. Anonymous

Show us the entire convo, don’t crop shit out you… Chinese dog? Kids say all kinds of shit on LOL all the time, no point singling him out and try to make a point out of it. I started following your blog as I’m a big fan of OPM and interested in Asian cultures but this is a low blow

1. Michael Post author

If I had the entire conversation. I would love to show it.

The main issue was that he had the capacity to say something so disgusting and still take money from Chinese people.

1. Anonymous

Perhaps next time, screenshot the entire conversation to have more validity in what you say.

This is in the US but I’ve ran university clubs and societies before, it is against the university’s rules and regulations to take membership fees or any funding in general, I can assure you he would have been kicked out long ago if that had happened; I call this BS.

Anyways, I enjoyed reading your other posts and your unique viewpoints on topics. However, this posts bares a strong resentment towards this particular individual that you had to confront him and make a dedicated post on this subject; pretty childish act I would say, far from the person that I thought you would be from your previous posts.

1. Michael Post author

I was in the organisation and I saw the corruption first hand. I could get other witnesses but I’d rather not put innocent people in the spotlight, as I am already receiving quite a bit of abuse online from Taiwanese people. There were talks about each club member receiving some compensation money for their time. I bet if you look at the records from previous years, there would always be a gigantic surplus, as they would generally charge high fees for events and never spend the money, unless it is for themselves.

The particular individual is not the issue. The issue is that they harbour these types of thoughts within the club all the time. As an overseas born, may of the committee members of the club thought they could insult Chinese people in front of me and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid, but it just left me frustrated that this was happening.

I am happy to remove all traces of this person’s name if you think I am truly being biased towards him.

Nothing changes the fact that he said these words and that he admitted to how much money was coming from Mainland students.

2. Anonymous

I feel Michael is right.

It doesnt change the fact that he called mainland dogs, what would you feel if someone else calls you that ?

I support you Michael !

3. Anonymous

Saw this from aznidentity, sometimes I just can’t stand how blindfolded that community is.

Let me put this straight, I think Michael is just making a big fuss out of a computer game and I agree with the above that he is projecting his own hate for this Jacky guy.

Look we all understand that these sorts of abuse shouldn’t happen but there is absolutely no context to what happened other than a snippet of the protagonist saying “lol a bunch of mainlanders arguing”, “why are you guys arguing you all suck.”

This is my own guess, his words probably sparked anger amongst the mainland players, resulting in Jacky saying “haha, mainland dogs.” I’m pretty sure that’s how the conversation would have gone as these things happen both ways. If the blogger thinks both nations should work together, this is a prime example of how not to do it.

1. Anonymous

You could say that the antagonist has had these sentiments within him the whole time. Why did he not make a more mild insult?

1. Michael Post author

Anyway, if you look at the other comments. I hope you can trust me on the hivemind/bandwagon nature of this organisation. I am being abused over the fact that I was wrongly assaulted by a bunch of ticket inspectors.

They have made incredibly odd claims of Taiwanese being a Japonic language etc and will believe it to the end. I honestly can tell you. I do not have the full conversation.

EDIT:

I see you have the same IP as the person calling me out on the tram incident. You’ll be too biased to understand.

2. Michael Post author

Hi anonymous, firstly I did not post it to Aznidentity for scrutinisation.

To be honest, I didn’t find Jacky that bad of a person within the organisation. I thought he was quite neutral to the whole Taiwan/China thing because he had a very large number of mainland friends.

There were other members who have faux pas the whole time in regard to how they feel about Chinese people, sadly there’s no evidence either of these happenings. One girl within the club once said publicly, to other mainland students. “Hear me out, I do not mean to insult all of you but many of you are cheaters and queues jumpers.” Okay, I could go on making examples, over and over again. The whole point I was trying to illustrate was that the club, MUTSA, harbours a strong anti-Chinese foundation within it. It is seen as the norm for Taiwanese and Chinese club.

Hiding behind a computer screen does not give you the right to insult other groups like this. Especially when they contribute so heavily towards your own organisation.

4. Anonymous

I’m pretty sure the story will change if the WHOLE CONVERSATION is posted here. Pretty sure the “CHINA DOGS” said something to this Jacky guy before he called them dogs

5. Anonymous

Michael I Rmb seeing your names on newspaper!!
    Are you the person got beaten up by ticket inspectors?
    [removed for privacy reasons]
    I’m sorry if I’m wrong, but… If your attitude was right, why would they beat you up?
    Based on Your pass records, your words are basically not trustworthy.

1. Anonymous

Apparently the world think that Chinese police are totalitarian and use brute force, yet here in aus some dipshit tram inspector does this kind of shit over a 2 dollar tram fare and it is acceptable by Taiwanese standards. Makes you reconsider who are the real dogs to white propaganda.

1. Anonymous

you shouldn’t be stirring up his past and use it against him. and this has nothing to do with the matter we are talking about.

that is just the worst

2. Anonymous

You’re a dickhead for digging around in this guys past. Not to mention you’re probably closer to the matter if you know his history. Next time you try and stir shit try be more subtle loser.

Pretty dog thing to do, huh?

3. Anonymous

If your going to say something maybe you should read what you write first. You do realise you have a grammar error. To be honest your actions are of a cowards, bullying someone on the internet is a coward, just wanted you to know.

6. Anonymous

I agree with Michael, jacky as the vice president of this club or association should not have done this, since his actions represent the whole entire group of people. Which also brings out the actual problem, which is racism towards people from mainland china.